The USB-ED Centre for Applied Entrepreneurship envisions an entrepreneurial society where people accept the responsibility of creating opportunities and jobs for themselves. It is therefore the mission of the Centre to equip individuals and communities with entrepreneurial and business management attitudes that will empower them to create wealth for themselves and others. We do this via research, training and development.
* Training and mentorship services to equip participants with attitude, knowledge and skills to start and run successful SMMEs
* Applied research in the area of SMME and economic development.
* Youth development: Young Minds Entrepreneurship Programme for school leavers and other young adults.
* Community-focused entrepreneurship: Training, development and support of entrepreneurs in rural areas and under-resourced communities.
* Training programme for government (LED) officials responsible for creating local and regional economic growth through entrepreneurship and SMMEs.